Date: August 17th, 2023
Job Title: Church Secretary/Office Manager
Direct Supervisor: Senior Pastor. Also reports to Council and Youth Minister.
Weekly Hours: 15
Latitude and Dimension of Position:
General office work, receptionist
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Work in the Church Office Monday through Thursdays year-round
· Serve as the building receptionist answering phones and greeting visitors
· The church secretary is the pastor’s secretary. As such, the secretary supports the pastor as necessary with typing, filing, copying et cetera and as needed. Help pastor maintain work/church calendar.
· Assist with administrative tasks for youth programming
· Pick up, distribution and dissemination of all mail and correspondence
· Perform general secretarial duties including keyboarding, filing, copying, preparing mailings, and maintaining office supplies
· Prepare weekly bulletins, bulletin inserts in addition to funeral bulletins as needed
· Send weekly “Peek at the Week” to newspapers
· Prepare and send out monthly newsletter
· Update church website and Facebook page
· Maintain membership database and keep accurate records (new members, baptisms, weddings, deaths, et cetera)
· Schedule building usage and maintain reservations
· Check email, check phone messages and respond as appropriate
· Maintain bulletin boards and update church mailboxes as needed
· Prepare the Annual and Semi-Annual Reports
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor, Council, Youth Minister or ministry team leaders
Job Requirements and Guidelines
· Be a faithful follower of Jesus Christ and grow in relationship to Him
· Develop an attitude of servant leadership in the church, not merely “office help”
· Protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality
· Demonstrate a high level of trust and personal integrity
· Work cooperatively and communicate effectively with Senior Pastor, Council and Youth Minister
· Be a team player
· Be welcoming and compassionate with people who visit
· Should possess strong administrative skills and the ability to work independently without supervision
· Should support the mission and vision of Emmanuel Lutheran Church
Vision Statement: Come to Faith, Honor God’s Word
To be inspired and reconnected to God’s Word and God’s people, to share the message of the cross, and to bring God's love and healing to people in need.
Wages and Benefits:
Pay commensurate with experience
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, and efforts associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development, and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required as we serve Jesus together at Emmanuel.
If you wish to apply, please send a one-page resume with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you wish to find out more about Emmanuel Lutheran Church and how God is working here, please go to our website at www.fontanellelutheran.org.
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Pastor Steven Broers at 641-745-7648.